Wednesday, June 24

T8 or T9?

It's still early and who knows when the new instances will come out, but there is a large part of me that wants to say "screw it." Really. Why bother working towards the T8 when T9 is around the corner so soon?

There are many druids that already have their full 4pc set with the happy bonuses. I am not one of them. The EPGP list is full of Deathknights, Druids, Mages, and Rogues. And I, being different, decided to go the route of steady consistant upgrades verses saving my points for the tier pieces. Do I regret it? No. However, I know I probably sound a little bitter about the whole thing and maybe I am, a little.

Before Ulduar came out, I waited until the last moment to grab my last T7 for the 4pc bonus, knowing that it would be super helpful while we learn the fights. Now that we are more settled, I have embraced the role of raid healer, and thus, my healing style had to change rather quickly.

I have two pieces of t8 which I swap out for occasionally for things like hard modes or whenever I know I will be using swiftmend regularly.

I think the biggest problem for me is I don't even want some of the items. My helm from 2D Sarth is almost exactly the same as the T8 helm, down the stats. I just don't see the need to spend emblems or points on an item that is nearly the same.

I'd love to get shoulders as I am wearing some 10 man cloth ones and the same goes for gloves, but that's still only three pieces (I broke down and bought the chest). For these items, skipping t8 and waiting for t9 makes more sense for me.

Or hell, skip going after the bonuses and just mix and match gear like I have currently been doing.

No comments: