Wednesday, December 16

2009 Year in Review

I have seen this meme floating around. Was I tagged? No. But I like the topic so much that I would like to keep it going around. I orginally found it here at Tree of Life.

What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Make Moonkin my off spec. After being feral for years and starting out the game as resto, I told people many times that I would never be boomkin. Never ever ever. Opps.

What was your favorite new place that you visited?
Grizzly Hills. I started almost all my characters over on that side of the continent and fell in love with the zone. The music, the trees, the landscape are all just lovely.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

With the many changes they have made over the year, I'm hard pressed to come up with anything. Probably a new tree form. I would like to look less like the trees in Charred Vale and more like the trees in Nexus, or even something completely new for Cataclysm.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Putting together the anniversary celebration for our guild. Many people came on board to help with prizes and ideas, and I think those who participated had lots of fun. It came at a time when folks were getting stressed or burned out and it was a needed break from the weekly routine. I look forward to repeating it and even maybe expanding on it next year.

What was your biggest failure?
Not speaking my mind enough or being honest about my feelings on certain subjects.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dual specs. It has not only helped the guild out as far as flexibility but increased the fun factor for many people. It came with its fair share of headaches but overall I think it has improved the way our guild handles raids.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Cursing over vent. I think I scarred a number of kids.

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
Resto4life. It got me started on blogging and became the go to for all things leafy. In the ashes have come some remarkable blogs that I would not even have stumbled upon like Tree Bark Jacket, Dreambound, Swiftmend, Restokin, I Like Bubbles and many many others. I look forward to finding new blogs and seeing the great plethora of personalities and talent that is in this little community.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
I am going to echo Keredria thoughts on guild drama and people behind the screen.

Some raiders treat their guild members as just co-workers. And sometimes, that is a good way to go if the personalities don't mesh. As an officer though, I have learned that people are people and want to enjoy their time on the game as much as I do. Sadly though, being an officer is kind of my job in this little hobby called WoW and I have learned to separate the officer from the friend. I have made some wonderful friends in the game, and some nights I have to change hats and say "Well, the officer part of me needs to say this..." and hope that the person on the other end respects that.



That's it. I would like to see this passed on and grow so please feel free to write your version and link it in the comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rustledleaves.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.